Starting at Pre-school
We accept children from the age of 2 until the time they begin school.
In order to make your child's transition into our Pre-school as smooth as possible, we tailor the settling-in period to the individual needs of the child.
Parents are invited to bring their child to 'stay and play' sessions, where you can spend time with your child's key worker and understand how Milverton Pre-school's sessions work. Most importantly, these sessions give us the opportunity to get to know your child and the way they learn so we can appropriately and proactively plan for their time with us. The more information we have the easier the settling in period will be.
To ensure a smooth transition from home life to Pre-school you can:
- Talk to your child positively about Milverton Pre-school, making special reference to their key worker.
- Allow your child to bring their favourite toy or comforter.
- Tell us about your child - even the smallest, seemingly unimportant pieces of information can make a difference to your child's time at school. By knowing what they like and dislike, we can make sure they get the most from their time with us.
- Share our video with your child by visiting https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SouwCq7zAD0
You are always welcome to contact us if you have any concerns by phone or by email.
When your child starts Milverton Pre-school, you will both be introduced to a key worker. This member of staff will be responsible for supporting your child through the settling-in process and for ensuring their care throughout their time at Milverton Pre-school. The key worker will plan fun learning opportunities for your child using the information you provide at the beginning of the child's Pre-school journey. The key worker will be responsible for monitoring, supporting and challenging your child's learning, interests and individual care needs.
We know that, as parents, you are your child's first access to education and we firmly believe that learning at home and Pre-school should be shared. Therefore, we encourage sharing of your child's 'WOW' moments from home with us via email email@example.com. This will be added to their learning journeys, along with the photos documenting their time in Pre-school.
WHAT TO BRING
"There's no such thing as bad weather, just unsuitable clothing." - Alfred Wainwright
We love being outside, even in the rain and snow so please send your child with warm, named layers of clothing to keep them warm in the winter and which are easy to remove when the weather is warmer.
- Waterproof coat and wellington boots
- All in one suit or waterproofs for wet days at Forest School
- Sun cream and hat
- Nappies and wipes if needed
- Spare change of clothes in case of water or messy play
If your child is attending a morning or full day session please provide a NAMED healthy lunch and drink. We will provide a snack in the morning and afternoon along with their milk.