At Milverton School we take our Child Protection responsibilities seriously. This means that we continue to ensure that everyone working in the school has successfully completed the necessary clearances to enable them to work with our children. All of our staff have completed the appropriate child protection training. It also means that we have staff members who are specifically trained and nominated as the Designated Safeguarding Lead and Deputy Designated Safeguarding Lead within school. These are:
Safeguarding Lead - Richard Stead
Deputy Safeguarding Lead - Jane Nicholls
Safeguarding Governor - Lydia Lapthorn
Where appropriate, we would always hope to share any concerns we may have about a child with their parents, as we hope parents do with us about their or any other child. Part of our legal duty to safeguard children, may also include consulting with and taking advice from other agencies such as Children's Social Care or the Police, should the need arise.
Safeguarding – visitors to the school site must:
- Report to the main office immediately on arrival.
- Sign in the visitor’s book; recording who they are visiting and time of arrival.
- Wear their visitors badge AT ALL TIMES.
- Only use the toilet for visitors.
- Switched off mobile phones whilst on the school premises.
- Sign out on departure and hand back their badge to the office.
If you are concerned about the safety of any pupil please contact the Safeguarding Lead at school.
For any safeguarding concerns out of school hours or over the holidays please contact Somerset Direct on 0300 123 2224
Click here to see our Online Safety page